At Audmet Canada Ltd., an affiliate of Oticon A/S and hereinafter referred to as “Audmet”, we respect and protect the privacy of our users, and we are dedicated to being as transparent as possible regarding the use of your Personal Information.
This Privacy Notice explains how we may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information. In this Privacy Notice, "we", "us" and "our" means Audmet.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, so please check back when you use our services to make sure that you have seen the most recent version.
By using our website or applications we associate with this Privacy Notice, (collectively the “Website”), or by choosing to submit your Personal Information to Audmet, you signify your consent to all of the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with any terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not use this Website or submit any Personal Information to Audmet.
ii. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). We collect your Personal Information:
- When you contact us through email, telephone, or written communication, facsimile, mail or provide us with information in any other way, including by interacting with us via social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter;
- When you call us for support on your product;
- When you sign up for our newsletter or other marketing communications;
- When you make a purchase on our e-commerce platform.
The Personal Information we collect depends on how you interact with us. We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Your name, title, company name, postal code, address, country, telephone number, MAC address, and email;
- Information about your use of our call centers;
- Information related to a purchase you make from us, such as payment information;
- Information we need to provide our services to a client, health information and security footage;
- Information you provide to us during communications you have with us, whether by email, post, telephone, in person or through our Website, for example comments or queries about the products and services we provide.
We will do our best to ensure that the Personal Information, we process about you is correct. We will also make sure to update your Personal Information continuously. As our services depend on your correct and updated Personal Information, we kindly ask you to inform us, if there are any relevant changes regarding your Personal Information. You may use our contact information above to notify us of any changes.
iii. WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR DOING SO?
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you, in accordance with our legitimate interest to provide our customers with a responsive service;
- To provide services and products requested by you and to communicate with you about such services and/or products. We do this as necessary in order to carry out a contract with you and in accordance with our legitimate interest to operate a business, which offers products and services related to consumer electronics;
- To update our records and for audit purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interest to do so and/or when required by legislation;
- To maintain the security of our facilities and locations;
- To prevent or detect fraud and to establish, exercise or in defense of legal claims, in accordance with our legitimate interest to do so;
- Where legally required or where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, to comply with requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities;
- To analyze trends and profiles, for our legitimate interest to aim to enhance, modify, personalize and improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers;
- To carry out customer satisfaction research, for our legitimate interest to aim to enhance, modify, personalize and improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers;
- To recommend products and services we think you will be interested in. We do this in accordance with our legitimate interest to carry out direct marketing to our customers and, where we use your data or electronic methods such as email, only with your explicit consent.
We may use your Personal Information and other information to compile statistics which are non-specific to you and do not identify you, and to create other aggregated and anonymous information. We may use and disclose such aggregated information to maintain and improve our Website, or for any other purpose we choose.
iv. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not rent, sell or otherwise share or disclose your Personal Information, except as described herein or otherwise stated at the time the information is collected. We may share your Personal Information with affiliated companies within the Demant Group in order to deliver, enhance and develop our products and services. Please refer to the organizational chart in the Demant’s latest annual report to see which companies are part of the Demant Group. You can find our latest annual report at www.demant.com. We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information in the event that we, or any part of our business, amalgamates, merges with, or is acquired by, a third party.
We may share your Personal Information with our service providers for tasks such as:
- assisting us with administering or troubleshooting our Website;
- assisting us with the supply or design of our products or with our business administration;
- assisting us with our marketing campaigns;
- operating our call centres; or
- providing us with electronic or physical storage services or systems.
We will only share your information in these circumstances if it is necessary in order for our service providers to perform the service for us. These service providers are not authorized to keep or use your Personal Information for any other purposes, and they will always be under an obligation to keep your Personal Information safe and confidential.
v. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE CANADA
In order to deliver our products and services to you, we may share your Personal Information with affiliated companies in the Demant Group located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. By providing us with Personal Information, you understand and expressly agree that we may transfer it outside of Canada or your jurisdiction of residence. If you do not agree to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of Canada or your jurisdiction of residence, do not provide us with Personal Information.
If we process your Personal Information outside Canada, we will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in such a manner that processing will meet the requirements of the relevant data protection laws including ensuring the protection of the rights of the data subject.
vi. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we need to for legitimate legal or business reasons, including to comply with any regulatory obligations. We will delete your Personal Information, when it is no longer required in relation to the purpose for our collection, processing and storage of your Personal Information. We will store personal information that we are obliged to keep in accordance with the law.
If you would like more detailed information about our retention policy, please contact us by using the contact points above.
vii. HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to us and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us at the contact information in section xii below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request. However, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons or for legal reasons. Typically, requests to access Personal Information we process for one of our clients must be directed to that client. In such cases, we will endeavour to provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your Personal Information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your Personal Information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your Personal Information.
viii. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain physical, organizational and technological safeguards to help protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access. Your Personal Information may be accessed by persons within our organization, or any of our third party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes we describe in this Privacy Notice. Personal Information we collect is managed from our offices located in Canada.
No security measures can provide absolute protection, and you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us
ix. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We provide solutions for children, but we do not intentionally collect Personal Information from any person under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have obtained Personal Information about a person under the age of 13, the information will be deleted.
x. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This Website may contain links to websites of other companies and organizations. This Privacy Notice does not apply to such third-party sites, and we suggest that you contact those third-party sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
xi. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time by publishing a new version on our Website. Where relevant, possible, and appropriate, you will be notified by email.
xii. HOW TO CONTACT US
Audmet Canada Ltd.
1600-4950 Yonge Street,
Toronto ON M2N 6K1, Canada.